I have the car packed and ready, my handouts are printing, the presentation is finished but wait...I think I can change a few more things.
I am heading out to present the INPEC conference. Indiana Non-Public Education Conference. I submitted my proposal early this year (while I was still teaching at Holy Redeemer). Well - my employment changed but I still hold a special place in my heart for non-public education, as well as public education. All three of my children attend schools in the Evansville Diocese.
Before leaving I need to reflect, mainly to remind myself of a few things.
- Not everyone in my session will listen to me
- My session is packed full of information - so some may feel overwhelmed
- There will be at least one person in my session that knows quite a bit more than I do
All of these things are okay. I just want to inspire educators to embrace all of the tools out there for them.
For the people who end up attending my session - please remember ONE important thing:
- Take at least one thing from my session and work with it
- First - use it professionally with your PLC
- Then, share it with your classes
- Now - move onto the next tool!
Technology can be overwhelming because there is so much with so little time. Embrace it - don't stress